The MoBell Tactical Weight Bags
How do you replicate the lifting comfort and weight accuracy of plate weights outside of a gym? We knew that transporting a full set of weight plates as part of the MoBell Muscle Kit was out of the question, so we set out to find the key to our light-weight portable solution. The answer: our three-chamber tactical weight bags. The bags wrap snuggly around the sleeves of the barbell to simulate a lifting environment you would find in a gym. Each chamber can holster up to 15lbs. of weight, in 5, 10, or 15lb. filler bag increments for a total of 45lb per Tactical Bag. Multiple Tactical Bags can be affixed to each barbell sleeve, bringing the lifting weight upwards of 225 lbs. with each MoBell Muscle Kit. Additional Tactical Bags can be purchased and affixed to the grooved collars of the bar to reach weights over 315lbs. The weight bags distribute impact force during lifting compared to plate weights, making them suitable for safe use on a variety of surfaces, without the need for traditional platforms. Our patent-pending design prevents slips and provides the ability for dynamic movements.
But we didn’t stop there. We designed the tactical weight bags with multiple handle positions so they can be used independently from the bar for various bag training exercises. From curls to squats to Bulgarian carries, the versatile bags open you to a world of workout options.
Our patent-pending MoBell Tactical Bags are the first-ever bags that can be used on a bar as well as for individual sandbag training. It took over 2 years and hundreds of iterations to develop a bag that doesn’t compromise the functionality, stability, or balance of the bar when the bags are attached. The Tactical Bags will function almost exactly as if they were standard 2” gym plates or bumper plates – WITH added benefits of reduced drop stress on the bar and training surface. They provide the ability to conduct any static or dynamic Olympic, Powerlifting, Functional or CrossFit moves when attached to the bar, as well as 1000’s of exercises independently from the bar. With 2 sets of flexible, soft rubber-grip handles, one 2” webbing handle, two 1” double-webbing loops, and straps that can be configured to form a rucksack, this Tactical Bag is great for all your training demands. * See photos for examples
Designed and Built for Austere Environments:
Our Tactical Bags are made from Mil-Spec materials and are constructed to hold up under the most intense exercise regimes and brutal environments. We field-tested with the baddest people we know just to make sure: Navy SEALS, Army Special Forces, and MARSOC Units. The Tactical Bags didn’t just hold up, they exceeding expectations – even when conducting a 225lb shoulder press and slamming the bars and connected bags down on concrete, the desert ground, and even in the mountains.
The Cordura material has a DWR coating to make each sand bag weather-resistant and even machine-washable, if the need arises.
We spent countless hours with materials engineers, physicists, and industry professionals to arrive at the three chamber design of our patent-pending Tactical Bags. From weight balance and stress reduction to materials selection and handle placements, no details were overlooked. Additionally, our three loop locking solution, coupled with the triangle clamp created by the three chambers of the Tactical Bag, minimizes weight slip during lifts.
These Bad Boys Took Time. But for Good Reason:
It took years of working with engineers, design consultants, and physicists to design our 45lb Tactical Bag, and hundreds of iterations with our field-testers to perfect it. We focused on providing:
- Familiarity: The bags wrap securely around the sleeves of the barbell to simulate a lifting environment you would find in a gym with standard bumper plates.
- Distributed Weight: Our three-chamber design provides proper rotation and grip to the bar for safe dynamic and static movements.
- Iterative Weight: Each chamber can holster up to 15lbs of weight, in 5, 10, or 15lb filler bag increments for a total of 45lbs per Tactical Bag.
- Durability: Bags are made from Mil-Spec materials.
- Portability: Weighs less than 2 pounds but gives you the variety of having every weight plate from 5-45lbs.
Added benefits of our Tactical Bags as a Weight Plates:
- Safe for your Floor – Whether you are in your living room, a basketball court or in the mountains. The weight bags distribute impact force when dropped compared to bumper plates, making them suitable for use on a variety of surfaces without damage.
- Safe for your Bar – You would never want to drop a bar on uneven surfaces with bumper plates. Can you say goodbye bar? Or hello injury? With the weight spread out, the bags absorb and distribute the impact.